Sunday, April 5, 2009

Marquee Moon Reveiw

I just listened to this for the second time. I think that's a good point to write an initial review, I think most truly 5 star rated albums should reveal that they are great on at least the second listen, you may not fully appreciate the full greatness but you should at least be able to see that something going on here. and i think there is something going on here. Came out in the great music year of 1977. Still sounds startling fresh and relevant. and influential for a lot of 1980's stuff. plus it has some kick ass guitar work that is very different than much of the guitar sound, I think this may be a top 100 album cantidate. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Without a doubt this is a top 100 candidate. The unique feel and sound of it...and the fact that it was and is still relevant. The more I look the more I realize 1977 was a great year for music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I think 1977 is one of the all timers along with 1967 and 70 and 1991

    ReplyDelete